BLUE YONDER TOURS
Terms & Conditions
When booking a tour with Blue Yonder Tours Ltd (BYT Ltd) You accept and agree to the terms and conditions herewith. On completion of your booking, you agree to these conditions with your signature at the bottom of the booking form.
Deposit & Balance of Payment
We will usually correspond with customers by email, for all tour payments. A non refundable deposit of £200 per person will be needed for all tours to secure your place. On receipt of your deposit, a booking confirmation will be issued, confirming your place on the tour. We request the balance of payment for your tour 60 days prior to departure for European tours. If the balance of your tour is not received within 7 days of the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your place on the tour. Late payment will result in the loss of your deposit and cancellation of your tour booking. Deposits and Balance of payment is made payable by bank transfer.
If You Cancel
All cancellations must be in writing and the following terms apply:
Loss of full deposit
Loss of total value of the tour if balance has been paid and tour has been cancelled less than 60 days prior to the departure date for UK & European tours.
If spaces allow, you may transfer your deposit to another tour within the same tour season that you booked (same year). In the event of you cancelling that tour, you will lose your deposit.
You may transfer your booking to another person. However, you will be liable for any administration costs (typically £35) and will be responsible for your nominee paying their monies in full
If the balance of the tour has not been paid in full after the due date but is then cancelled by the customer, the balance is still due for payment under these terms and we will seek to recover our losses or the full balance of the tour. This may be by way of legal action. This is to recover our losses for transport and hotels booked and out of pocket expenses. In such cases, you will need to make a claim from your holiday insurance provider.
To cover this eventuality, we strongly recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance. We recommend Holidaysafe.co.uk
If We Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel any tour – however, this would only become necessary in exceptional circumstances, and in such an event, we would hope to offer you an alternative. If an alternative were not possible or not acceptable, we would issue you a full refund. Blue Yonder Tours LTD will not be held responsible, or offer any refund or compensation if a tour is cancelled in any of the following situations: civil unrest, riots, terrorism, war, natural disasters including weather associated disruptions, industrial disputes and strike action, political complications or disruptions (including any impact following the Brexit deal) and any limitation following government safety issues or advice, including refusal into a country for any reason, for the purpose of preserving safety, mechanical failure or an accident beyond our control. This also includes but is not limited to the tour manager being involved in a road traffic accident, mechanic failure of the tour managers motorcycle or the tour manager suffering an injury or illness preventing him/her from continuing to escort the tour.
Blue Yonder Tours Ltd also reserves the right to cancel any tour within 60 days or less of departure if the tour has less than 3 customers booked on that tour. If we cancel the tour within 60 days due to limited bookings you will be offered one of the following options; a full refund, transfer of your booking to another tour or hold your deposit for a tour commencing the following year
Blue Yonder Tours Ltd will not be held responsible for the reimbursement, in part or in whole, of any customer pre-booked hotels or transport arrangements relating to your tour should we cancel, this includes but not limited to; hotel bookings (usually on the eve of departure or last day of the tour), any flights, ferries or train travel costs, taxis, buses or rental costs or any other out of pocket costs or expenses incurred as a result of the tour not going ahead. For these and other reasons It is advised to take out holiday insurance
Most arrangements for your tour are made many months, and sometimes a year in advance, meaning there is a chance that changes may occur. In most cases, these changes will be minor and will not affect your holiday, however, in the event of a major change, you will be offered one of the following options; continue with the revised tour, or swap to another tour, receive a full refund.
There are occasionally minor changes such as slight route detours, the use of motorways instead of non motorway roads, and activities that delay progress including the weather. In these cases we will not be held responsible for any changes, as our decisions are based upon the best interests of the group at the time.
In accordance with the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992 and EC Directive 90/314EC all monies will be kept in trust until such times as your tour is complete. Blue Yonder Tours are a limited company No.11169308
We accept responsibility for supplying as near as physically possible a tour package as described on our website, social media and brochures. We are unable to control any deficiencies in services due to local conditions, maintenance, industrial dispute, religion, politics, or weather. Occasionally routes will differ depending on weather or timescales, in such instances, we will not be held liable for these changes as they are done so in the best interests of the group as a whole.
We will not be held responsible for route changes that result in riding on unsuitable roads or in unsafe conditions, Neither will we be responsible for riding activities that result in the late arrival to any hotel or pre arranged trip, whether this is by choice, accident, or the result of faulty navigation equipment or similar telephone equipment.
We are not and cannot be responsible for the actions of other riders or passengers in the group and as such, you agree not to hold Blue Yonder Tours Ltd responsible forany; injury, accidents, damage to vehicles or fatality. Similarly, Blue Yonder Tours Ltd cannot and will not be held responsible for riders who become lost, which, is why we highly recommend you ensure you have and check your means of arriving at the final destination each day. We are not responsible for any personal belongings whilst you are on the tour.
To advise Blue Yonder Tours of any illness, infirmity, allergies, disabilities, health issues of any kind or dietary needs that may affect your touring holiday or other riders within the group. If you do not disclose any issues that may pose a threat to yourself or others on the tour, the tour manager reserves the right to ask the rider to leave the tour and no refund of tour costs will be eligible.
Be a competent rider, who is comfortable and confident they can complete the route/tour they have chosen, having carefully considered the mileage factors and style of roads, with a machine that is road legal, in serviceable condition, mechanically-sound and of a type suitable for touring. (We offer checks beforehand to assist here)
Hold a valid Certificate of Insurance covering machine, rider and pillion if applicable. (please check your insurance covers pillion riders as not all insurances do automatically)
To ensure you have informed the DVLA and your insurance provider of any medical conditions
Have the ability to get yourself and/or bike home in the event of a breakdown, accident or emergency by having suitable breakdown and recovery cover. Check to make sure repatriation is included if needed.
To ensure your vehicle has adequate security when parking or leaving the motorcycle unattended. Blue Yonder Tours Ltd accept no responsibility for the loss of belongs or vehicles. (We recommend you use security devices such as a; wheel disc lock, immobiliser or alarm, a suitably approved chain and padlock, or GPS Vehicle Tracker and or datatag.) Whilst most of the places we visit are safe with garaged parking your insurance may require added security.
Ensure you have adequate insurance in place for your holiday. This could include both cancellation leading up to the holiday, and personal accident whilst you are away, for which we recommend HolidaySafe.
8. To ensure you settle any additional hotel costs when you depart the hotel, for example; mini bar usage, food or drink bills.
9. If you don’t settle your hotel bill for additional services, food, laundry or drink etc, Blue Yonder Tours Ltd will charge an admin fee in addition to invoicing for the total cost. Failure to pay within 28 days of returning from the tour will incur late payment charges and a further £1.00 per day for each day the bill remains unpaid for a maximum of 30 days, after which time we will begin legal action to recover our losses.
10. Customers are asked not to remove any items from their hotel rooms, this includes; towels, robes, pillow cases, blankets, electrical items etc, as the hotels know exactly what was in each room prior to your arrival. Any charges issued for loss of items from the room will passed onto the room occupants with additional admin fees.
11. Any damage to your hotel room must be reported immediately to your tour manager and or the hotel reception. You will likely be liable for the reinstatement costs, but we may be able to assist if you are upfront and honest on this point.
12. We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem, critical allergies, specific dietary requirements, or disability which may affect your stay, please provide us with full details before we confirm your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK, RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
By making a booking with Blue Yonder Tours. I, the Participant, confirm that I understand and accept that:
1. I have provided accurate information to Blue Yonder Tours about my motorcycle riding experience and ability and I confirm that I am a competent enough motorcyclist to participate in my chosen Tour and that I have read and understood the itinerary and are comfortable with the mileage and roads I will be riding on.
2. I am adequately fit and physically capable to undertake the program set out in my itinerary and have no medical condition which would affect my participation in the Tour other than any I may have disclosed at the time of booking.
3. I am required to follow all reasonable instructions from Blue Yonder Tours Ltd, its Tour manager, employees or agents. I understand that if I fail to comply with these instructions, Blue Yonder Tours Ltd, the management or the tour manager, reserves the right to suspend my involvement in the Tour and that I shall not be entitled to any refund of any amounts I have paid to Blue Yonder Tours Ltd for participating in the Tour or any other costs incurred by me as a result of my having to leave the Tour.
4. The decision of the Tour manager is final and binding, including any decisions made to change the itinerary at short notice or suspend myself or a member of my party from the Tour and I will respect and comply with any such decision. Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated and as such I agree that verbally or physically abusing the tour manager, any others on the tour, or any destination staff , may result in my participation on the tour being suspended with immediate affect
5. I am solely responsible for my myself, my vehicle and my possessions. Blue Yonder Tours accepts no liability for any damage to or loss of my property whilst taking part in the Tour (except where such loss or damage was as a direct result of Blue Yonder Tours’ negligence). Any belongings or equipment carried by Blue Yonder Tours staff will be done so at your own risk and as such Blue Yonder Tours will not be held responsible for loss or damage of the belongings
6. I am required to comply with all statutory and legal requirements when participating in the Tour, including but not limited to all road traffic, licensing and driving laws in any country visited.
7. I have provided emergency contact details to Blue Yonder Tours and authorise them to contact that person(s) in the event of an emergency.
8. In cases of emergency, I authorise Blue Yonder Tours, their Tour manager, employees or agents as applicable to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on my behalf. I accept that I am responsible for reimbursing to Blue Yonder Tours any additional expense they incur on my behalf relating to my medical treatment or repatriation due to my injury, illness or other medical condition.
9. I also expressly understand that I am under a duty to mitigate any risks to myself as far as is practicable, by taking all reasonable steps to ensure my own health and safety whilst on the Tour. Except as stated in paragraph 12, I accept full responsibility for these risks and I agree that Blue Yonder Tours, its employees and agents are released from any liability resulting from my injury or death or any loss of or damage to my property suffered during the Tour.
10. Blue Yonder Tours does not exclude or limit its liability for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law including liability for fraud or misrepresentation or for any death or personal injury suffered during the Tour which is caused by Blue Yonder Tours’ negligence.
11. I will indemnify Blue Yonder Tours for all losses suffered as a result of my behaviour, negligence or failure to comply with the terms of this Acknowledgement Form, Booking Terms & Conditions or otherwise.
12. The laws of England and Wales are applicable to this Acknowledgement Form and I expressly submit to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of this Acknowledgement Form and that I am 18 years of age or older.
For overseas tours you must have the following documents:
Valid UK passport (ensure visa not required if non-UK). Passport must have at least 6 months remaining by the time you return
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (can be obtained online at www.dh.govuk/travellers, by phoning 0845 6062030, or by post from any main Post Office) Note: E111 Certificate is no longer valid
European insurance cover for your bike – must include repatriation in the event of an accident or serious breakdown.
Personal Travel Insurance for yourself and pillion (if appropriate). This must include medical cover including any possible repatriation in the event of serious illness or accident. We also recommend you include cancellation cover.
NB: Breakdown and Personal Insurance are compulsory on our tours and we may require evidence of policies before departure. Please ensure you have adequate insurance for your holiday. We recommend HolidaySafe
Marketing, Media and Promotions
Unless informed otherwise by you in writing, you agree to Blue Yonder Tours Ltd; using images or video of yourself or your motorcycle taken on tour by Blue Yonder Tours tour staff and other customers on tour, to be used for marketing and promotional purposes. This may include but not limited to; social media, social chat rooms such as Whatsapp, internet websites, blogs or marketing material such as leaflets and posters or promotional videos. Images or video provided by you or shared by you in social chat rooms such as Whatsapp, will not be shared with any other companies or organisations without your express and written permission. The images or video taken by us may contain images of your face, motorcycle and vehicle registration. You agree that Blue Yonder Tours Ltd shall not be held responsible in the unlikely event the content is misused by another member of the public or other organisation